Re: [Mendobirds] Birding Seasons

  • Lisa Walker (Feather)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2012
      yikes.... this late in the evening it's a bit too much for me... so I will simply refer to each type as northerly movement or southerly movement instead of spring and fall migrations anymore.... :) Easier for me that way

      For me, spring will always be the time of year when birds are busy rearing their young (with few exceptions that actually start in winter).....

      Summer will always be the time of year when birds are teaching their young how to fend for themselves

      Fall will always mark the plumage changes and then the move south'

      Winter will always mark the over-wintering bird arrivals and the beginning of the move north :)

      And for me, winter is Dec thru Mar, Spring is Mar thru June, Summer is June through Sep and fall is Sep through Dec. See? I always over complicate things. LOL