Rookeries on Big River

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2012
      Fri Jun 1, 2012--I took a walk today to check out the rookeries on Big River. I could only find one GREAT BLUE HERON on a nest. I had found 4 back in April (13th). I'm of the impression that some nests may have been lost. Could be wrong about that because I haven't been keeping a close watch on these nests. The DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANT Rookery, found last year, has 8 nests(possible hidden 9th)with birds in them. Last year there were 12 active nests.

      Richard Hubacek
      Little River