California Towhees along Big River

  • David Jensen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2012
      Friday, 25 May 2012.
      During a breeding bird survey this morning, we found a pair of California Towhees, one of them “singing,” approximately twenty yards east of the lower haul road gate on the north bank of the Big River in Mendocino. Although common throughout much of California, this bird is very rare on the Mendocino coast.
      Dave Jensen