Photo: Double-crested cormorant on nest

  • birdmanofthewoods3
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2012
      Thanks to Rich Hubacek for finding the first known Double-crested Cormorant nesting rookery in the area, I have been trying to get a photograph of one on the nest. These nests are extremely well hidden and hard to see. After spending a lot of time watching, I was able to finally spot a nest and get a photo. The photo was taken on the opposite south ridge across the river and might be approaching half a mile a way, so it is a little blurry, but I got it. About 2 miles up from the mouth of Big River. Photo link below: