Big hawk nest in Potter Valley

  • patti.boatwright
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2012
      Hey PV birders - there is a hawk's nest on Gibson near Hawn Creek in a stand of oaks. I think it's a redtail nest, but haven't been able to get a good view of the bird to identify. I would love it if someone more experienced could identify the type of hawk. Going east on Gibson from Hawn Creek, it is the pasture between the corner house and the next house across from the vineyard. The nest is in the oaks in the middle of the pasture, and big enough to spot easily. We've gone in late afternoon the last couple days and the hawk was sitting on the edge of the nest. Thanks for your help!