More Phalaropes

  • birdmanofthewoods3
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2012
      What gives us intermediate birders trouble is when two similar species occur similtaneously in the same spot. I was watching a Red-necked Phalarope on Lake Cleone in MacKerricher park yesterday (May 11) when it disappeared into the reeds and what should come out but what looked like a Red Phalarope! Wait a minute, was my first identification wrong? This disappearing and reappearing act happened several times until I got it that both species were together. Finally I got a picture of both species together which I have posted on Mendobirds at birdmanofthewoods. Link below: