Harlequin Ducks at Virgin Creek

  • carolynkinet
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2012
      Tues., May 1, 2012 - This morning while birding at Virgin Creek I saw two male and two female HARLEQUIN DUCKS. They were located on the north side of the main beach where the rocks protrude into the ocean. A pair of BLACK OYSTERCATCHERS were nearby. Further north were two more Oystercatchers, as well as some mixed flocks of DUNLIN, SEMI-PALMATED PLOVERS and WESTERN SANDPIPERS. During the time I was birding, several small groups (6 - 8 birds) of WHIMBRELS flew by, heading north.

      Carolyn Kinet
      Inglenook