Wht-Throated Swifts - at MEN & HUM County Line

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18 7:55 PM
      Wed, 18 April 2012 -- Four WHITE-THROATED SWIFTS, a
      VAUX's SWIFT and various swallow species flew around
      the Hwy 271 & Hwy 101 bridges at the Mendocino and
      Humboldt County lines close to noon today.  Jim and
      I were coming home from a drive up/out the Lost Coast
      as a break from work.
      At the MEN/HUM county line, we also saw (or heard)
      N ROUGH-WINGED, TREE & VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOWS, PILEATED
      WOODPECKER, and other common species.

      We drove up to Redway(HUM)and took in Honeydew, Petrolia
      and Cape Mendocino.  It is was a fun outing.

      Karen & Jim Havlena