Noyo River Loons and Bald Eagle

  • Becky Stenberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2012
      I spent Monday April 16 at the launch ramp below Dolphin Isle on Noyo
      River, monitoring sport fishing effort. Since that was pretty slow, my
      work partner and I spent a lot of time birdwatching. Of note were some
      Loons, which we tentatively identified as Red-throated, based on coloration
      and slim bills, held pointed slightly upward. Can someone confirm this as
      likely?

      The Ospreys provided a lot of entertainment with their courting antics.
      Then around 3:30, to our amazement a Bald Eagle flew through, heading
      downriver to the south. I'm glad two of us had a really good look, because
      I might have thought I was hallucinating. And I think I remember there was
      a sighting a couple of miles upriver a little while back?

      Becky Stenberg
      Fort Bragg