Bald Eagle and less one American Coot

  • Joleen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2012
      On behalf of Michael Stewart, Fort Bragg
      Saturday, 3/24/12 Two of us went up the Albion river in my White Hull row boat using an electric motor. As we traveled up river, flocks of coots kept flying ahead of us. When we rounded a bend, about one mile up river, we saw a Bald Eagle swooping down going back and forth left to right trying to catchm a Coot. Each time the Coot would duck under water and avoid being caught. After several attempts, the Eagle changed its approach and came in from behind the Coot and snagged it. It rose from the water and flew up river slowly gaining in altitude.