Lake County 2002

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2002
      The following list represents my personal opinion of the best birds found in Lake County during 2002. I have taken into consideration the # of records for the county; the likelihood of occurrence, the status of the species in the state and the difficulty of identification among other things. The year 2002 produced some exceptional records including four county firsts and five county 2nd records. Four of the species listed below have not (yet) been recorded in Mendocino County. Jerry White

      1. Emperor Goose 1st county record D. Hecomovich, J. Knight
      2. Heerman's Gull 1st '' " D. Hecomovich, J. Knight
      3. Lesser Nighthawk 1st " " M. Mathiessen
      4. Brewer's Sparrow 1st " " J. White
      5. Little Blue Heron 2nd " " J. White
      6. Heerman's Gull 2nd " " D. Woodward
      7. Parasitic Jaeger 2nd " " J. White