Banded Adult Western Gull at Van Dame State Park Beach.

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2012
      Thu Mar 15, 2012--There was a banded adult WESTERN GULL at Van Dame Beach at approx. 2:00 PM today. This was a different bird then the Western Gull I nicknamed Wes that has been appearing at Van Dame for many years. Wes has not been seen this year. Wes had a black band over a metal band on it's left leg. The bird today had a blue band on it's right leg and a metal band on it's left. I could not get the complete band number but the last four numbers are 9550. I have submitted the record to the Bird Banding Lab to see if that is enough information to find out the bird's history. Will let you know if I hear anything.

      Richard Hubacek
      Little River