Dipper and Geese

  • George Chaniot
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2012
      Fri, 09 Mar 2012 -- I stopped this morning at the quarry rapids on Potter
      Valley Road and found an AMERICAN DIPPER gathering mouthfuls of moss and
      carrying them to a hidden location a short ways upstream from the main
      rapids.
      In the afternoon at Lake Mendocino Jan and I saw a ROSS'S GOOSE grazing
      with a group of Canada Geese on the shore south of the Pomo Day-Use area. At
      the Oak Grove parking lot there was a single CACKLING GOOSE with another
      group of Canadas.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA