Violet-green Swallows and Al

  • jackson_us
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2012
      Mel Smith called to say two Violet-green Swallows arrived Saturday, MARCH 3rd at his home in Point Arena.

      Beth Petit reports that Al, our favorite Laysan Albatross was in residence on Friday, MARCH 2nd, from 8 am to 4 pm, so he/she hasn't left us yet. The bird was AWOL for nine days. Just where does Al go?!

      Though not a bird sighting, numerous sightings of Gray Whale moms and their calves headed north. Today should be another great day to see them if that fog bank doesn't move in.

      Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay