Short-eared Owl

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2002
      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 -- Today Toby reports a SHORT-EARED OWL near Inglenook
      Fen. She had walked west from the Grange Hall and was N & W of Sandhill
      Lake when she flushed it from the ground. In the air it was pursued by
      ravens, butit lit again, and she is hopeful that it may stay around.
      Offshore there were many NORTHERN FULMARS again and a possible
      PINK-FOOTED SHEARWATER.
    • Jim Rowoth
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 15, 2002
        Greetings,

        Are Ancient Murrelets being seen along this north coast this winter? I am
        considering a trip to the Ft Bragg area specifically for this species. Any
        suggestions would be appreciated.

        Jim Rowoth
        Stockton