Ukiah Black-Crowned Night-Herons

  • sauntergs
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2012
      I have seen 2 or 3 Black-Crowned Night-Herons in a bushy Douglas Fir Tree twice this last month roosting during the day at 418 Mendocino Drive in Ukiah. I talked to the neighbor today living just east of the tree which hangs into her backyard and she says about 12 to 20 fly-out toward the south each evening. Perhaps these are the Oak Manor night-herons? Also saw a Pileated Woodpecker near there today. Steve