RE: [Mendobirds] Inquiry about Al by a Southern Audubon Member

  • Robert Keiffer
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2012
      Nothing is known about the other life-habits of this bird. At this point in time we do not even know what sex the bird is, where is goes to forage, or where it goes to nest, or even if it does pair up and nest at all. It is not banded or marked in any other manner .... so there is no way to track this individual once it leaves the safe harbor of the cove. If we could get one single feather from this bird we could at least sex it.

      Any banding attempt would require a certified bander, Federal and State permits, and probably an accepted protocol.

      Good questions however! Good birding. Bob Keiffer