MacKerricher and Montgomery, 12/5/02

  • rycenga jennifer
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2002
      At MacKerricher today, at high tide (ca. 11:00 am), I had three ROCK
      SANDPIPERS amidst the plentiful Black Turnstones and Surfbirds; also a few
      Ruddy Turnstones. I did a bit of a seawatch, but the waves were very high,
      so I didn't see any Ancient Murrelets, but I did have one dark phase
      NORTHERN FULMAR foraging. Amongst the many gulls I found a few MEW GULL.

      Struck out on the Barred Owls at Montgomery Woods, but there were plenty of
      VARIED THRUSH around. I don't think the owls approved of my imitation of
      them - they refused to honor me with a reply.

      Jennifer Rycenga
      Berkeley, California
      gyrrlfalcon@...
      "Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes" - Henry David Thoreau