Prarie Falcon in Potter Valley and Peregrine and Bald Eagles, etc.

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2012
      This morning, Jack Booth, Harry Morse, Mike Curry and I went out to Potter Valley to look at the Bean? Goose and there were no geese, so we went over to Burris Lane at the southeast side of the valley. As soon as we got out of the car we saw an adult Bald Eagle over the pond that landed in a tree. Then we saw an immature Peregrine Falcon. Then we saw an immature Bald Eagle. There were few ducks, but there were about 17 Wilson's Snipe. We went down to the end of the road and we spotted an adult Prairie Falcon sitting on a fence post far out to the north eating a rodent. Its large size made us think it was a female. It had a lot of white on its head with a clear distinct mustache. It was still sitting there when we left. There was also one Say's Phoebe. This was about 11 am.

      Burris Ln runs east off of the south end of East Rd in Potter Valley.

      Dave Bengston
      Ukiah