The problem with birding by ear - mimics

  • David Jensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2012
      While photographing the orioles at the Fort Bragg cemetery yesterday, I heard the distinct call of a Western Wood Peewee from the nearby cypress. It jerked my head around and made my heart skip. Talk about early migration! About 30 seconds later my suspicious ears heard that sort of clicking chortle call from the same area. Bloody starlings.
      DJ