Supposed Baltimore Oriole at Rose Memorial Park

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 11, 2012
      Wed Jan 11, 2012--I have posted a picture of the supposed BALTIMORE ORIOLE that George Chaniot and I got good looks at this morning around 9:30AM. It was in a Banksia tree that I believe was the most south/east of the Banksia Trees(closest to the tracks). This is a friendly bird if you can find it. It didn't spook while George and I were walking around under it.

      George also found 2 Nashville WarblerS which would confirm the Wades belief that there might have been 2 during the count. I did see WESTERN TANAGERS several times.

      Richard Hubacek
      Little River
    • John Sterling
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2012
        no question that that is a Baltimore Oriole. Nice photo.

        John Sterling

        26 Palm Ave
        Woodland, CA 95695
        530 908-3836
        jsterling@...

        www.sterlingbirds.com (photos, classes, tours, county birding)

        On Jan 11, 2012, at 5:40 PM, Richard wrote:

        > Wed Jan 11, 2012--I have posted a picture of the supposed BALTIMORE ORIOLE that George Chaniot and I got good looks at this morning around 9:30AM. It was in a Banksia tree that I believe was the most south/east of the Banksia Trees(closest to the tracks). This is a friendly bird if you can find it. It didn't spook while George and I were walking around under it.
        >
        > George also found 2 Nashville WarblerS which would confirm the Wades belief that there might have been 2 during the count. I did see WESTERN TANAGERS several times.
        >
        > Richard Hubacek
        > Little River

      • Lisa Walker (Feather)
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2012
          I think Bullock's....

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2012
            Bullock's would show an eyeline or at least a hint of an eyeline.

            On Jan 11, 2012, at 6:16 PM, Lisa Walker (Feather) wrote:

            > I think Bullock's....

          • Lisa Walker (Feather)
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 11, 2012
              I went back and looked; maybe it's a first year male?

              Bullock's would show an eyeline or at least a hint of an eyeline.

              John Sterling

              26 Palm Ave
              Woodland, CA 95695
              530 908-3836
              jsterling@...

              www.sterlingbirds.com (photos, classes, tours, county birding)

              On Jan 11, 2012, at 6:16 PM, Lisa Walker (Feather) wrote:

              > I think Bullock's....

              Yahoo! Groups Links