Re: [Mendobirds] Tanagers at FB cemetery

  • Lisa Walker (Feather)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2012
      I decided to head over to the cemetery this morning and see what I could find. I managed a shot of at least one of the tanagers, which did indeed, appear to be a Western (black and white wing bars). Another bird was a bit more elusive; but appeared to be oriole-like at least in flight, and was a subtle olive green with slightly darker wings (very slightly)- making me think of the female Bullock's I photographed outside my window back in 2000 or so. (those photos are in my album on the group page).

      I managed a shot of a Yellow-rumped Warbler, and was able to see:

      (European Starlings)
      Townsend's Warblers
      American Robins
      Bushtits (??? - maybe Ruby-crowned Kinglets? Flocking and gathering together on branches reminded me of Bushtits, anyway)
      Pygmy Nuthatch (at least one)

      I wish I had had someone else with me. Perhaps next week, if someone wants to go in the morning, say, of next Wed, you would let me know?

      Lisa (Feather)