01/10: Talmage/Gielow Lane Snow Goose

  • Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2012
      Greetings Mendobirders- The large mixed flock of geese that frequents the
      Gielow Lane/Old River Road farm reservoir now includes an immature Snow
      Goose, or it did at about 930 today. The Canada and Cackling Geese were
      joined by a single Greater White-fronted Goose as early as 12/15 and a
      second as early as 1/1. The Cackling Geese all appear to be "minima", and
      have been around in various numbers since late October. I believe that
      this group of geese moves around the southern end of the Ukiah valley.
      Steve Stump phoned me before 800 today to tell me that he had just seen an
      immature Snow Goose on the oxidation ponds at the Ukiah Sewage Treatment
      Plant.

      Chuck

      --
      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn