need for Baltimore Oriole doc

  • Robert Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2012
      9 January 2012 - On the January 2, 2012 Fort Bragg CBC, Al Demartini saw and photographed a first-winter Baltimore Oriole a the Rose Memorial Cemetery. Photos from Al and subsequent photos from Roger Foote look very good to document this as Mendocino County's first accepted record of this species. However, this observation record must first be reviewed by the Mendocino County Bird Review Committee, and accepted, before it can be considered the official "first" record for the county.

      If any of you have seen this bird, or happen to see it in the near future (watch the Banksia trees) , please take good descriptive notes and send them my way so that I may include them in the MCBRC review packet. Trust me ...the more documentation the better ...and it is always good to have written details to enhance the photos.

      Good birding. Bob Keiffer rjkeiffer@...<mailto:rjkeiffer@...>