Northern Flicker - Yellow Feather/Shafted

  • birdmanofthewoods3
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2012
      My brother sent me a picture of some feathers he found in his yard four miles inland from the coast in Littleriver. I identified them as feathers from a Northern Flicker. The tail feather with the barb on it I thought was a clincher. However, I have never seen a "yellow shafted" Northern Flicker around here. It seems I remember that Ron LeValley and others said something about seeing yellow Northern Flickers up north somewhere. Unless I am wrong, I think this might be a good example that they also occur here in Littleriver.

      Picture of feathers posted at:

      Rick Harris