RE: [Mendobirds] possible Ross's Goose

  • Robert Keiffer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
      Beth & Jeff, There was a Ross's Goose in the vicinity on the CBC on December 30th. It will be useful to know how long it stays there.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
        I think I saw one on December 30th at the cliffs above Glass Beach in Fort Bragg, foraging with our resident flock of Canada Geese. I will post a photo that I got (through the fence, and a bit blurry, showing its back) on the site soon.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
          Fri., Jan 6. - Lisa, the possible Ross's Goose you saw may be same goose (positively id'd as a Ross's by Toby Tobkin) that we saw on the GP property during the Fort Bragg CBC. Ours was near one of the ponds, but foraging by itself. Perhaps it got lonely?

          Carolyn Kinet
          Inglenook