Re: Eurasian Wigeon in Potter Valley

  • George Chaniot
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 5, 2012
      Wed, 04 Jan 2012 -- Chuck Vaughn and I saw the continuing EURASIAN WIGEON at
      the pond north of the cemetery in Potter Valley today. In the pasture south
      of the pond we pished up a HOUSE WREN while expecting Lincoln's Sparrows to
      pop up. This is one of the few winter records of this species. There was
      also a bright RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER in the trees near the road. Back at my
      house we saw one of the four continuing WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS at my
      feeders.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA
    • gchaniot
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 30, 2013
        Wed, 30 Oct 2013 -- At about 11:45 today there was a male EURASIAN WIGEON
        among the 30 American Wigeons on the Christmas Star vineyard pond about
        1/4 mile north of the cemetery on West(side) Road in Potter Valley.
        Another male may be a hybrid.
        There is no convenient parking near the pond. I recommend parking at
        the cemetery and walking the quarter mile to the pond.

        George Chaniot
        Potter Valley, MEN, CA
      • George Chaniot
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 13
          Tue, 13 Jan 2015 -- Today Steve Stump found a EURASIAN WIGEON at the Red
          Post Vineyard pond at milemarker 1.33 on Westside Road, Potter Valley. It
          was still there at sunset, seen by Adrian Macedo, Janet Chaniot, and myself.
          This is directly across Westside Road from my house. Yardbird #172.
          Steve also reported 10 TRICOLORED BLACKBIRDS on Pine Avenue at the same
          location where we saw 4 on Friday -- a cattle feeding area about 3/4 mile
          from Eastside Road.

          George Chaniot
          Potter Valley, MEN, CA
        • George Chaniot
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 15
            Thu, 15 Jan 2015 -- The male EURASIAN WIGEON continues for the third day at
            the same location below.

            George Chaniot
            Potter Valley, MEN, CA