Re: Fort Bragg CBC - rarities

  • AlbionWood
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2012
      Topping the list is a female BALTIMORE ORIOLE found by Al DeMartini in a
      Banksia tree at the Rose Memorial Park cemetery. Al also found a female
      BULLOCK's ORIOLE, a female YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER, and a male
      NASHVILLE WARBLER in the same area. Warren Wade found a Selasphorus
      (Allen's?) Hummingbird there as well.

      Art Morley already reported his female SUMMER TANAGER at the corner of
      Boice Drive and Pearl Lane.

      Ron LeValley found PIGEON GUILLEMOT, CASSIN'S AUKLET, and LONG-TAILED
      DUCK. I don't have location details for those yet. Also, his group
      found an out-of-season BARN SWALLOW.

      Richard Hubacek reported another CASSIN'S AUKLET (I believe this was
      found by Chuck Vaughn off the Mendocino Headlands) and a CALIFORNIA
      TOWHEE. This last was found at the same spot as last year.

      Also, Dorothy Tobkin reported three MUTE SWANs but we have to figure out
      if they are reportable birds.

      Mike Stephens found a BARRED OWL while we were all enjoying dinner.

      Cheers,
      Tim