Hooded Mergansers in AV

  • AlbionWood
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 18, 2011
      18 December 2012 - Following a tip from Chris Bing, I stopped at the
      Navarro Vineyards tasting room and wandered over to their pond. As
      hoped, among the numerous Coots, Ring-necked Ducks, and Common
      Mergansers, there was indeed a pair of Hooded Mergansers.

      I also stopped at the Navarro Grade and glassed the mouth of the Navarro
      River, which appears to have backed up behind the bar again. In
      addition to the usual Coots and Buffleheads and Western Grebes, there
      were several Common Goldeneye.

      Cheers,
      Tim Bray
      Albion