Hull Mt

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2011
      Additional remarks on our trip yesterday. On our way north we stopped at Brushy Pt and heard the woodpecker. Then on the way back we again heard it calling. But just to "confirm" Chuck suggested I play a recording. The bird responded immediately and flew into a snag right near us. Felt somewhat strange to be expending that much effort to get a visual on an Acorn Woodpecker in Mendocino County.

      The Northern Goshawk was Chuck's first for his Lake list and was only the 4th winter record for the county.
      Jerry White