Prairie Falcon - 11/30

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2002
      This morning I visited Burris Lane in Potter Valley with David Nelson.
      We had one PRAIRIE FALCON consuming breakfast in the top of a dead oak
      to the northwest of the pond, one LEWIS'S WOODPECKER in the oaks near
      the house just west of the pond, and one FERRUGINOUS HAWK in the field
      on the south side of Burris Ln just before the road turns to gravel.

      Earlier in the morning we had a NORTHERN PYGMY-OWL calling on Low Gap Rd
      about a mile below the second cattle guard.

      Happy Holidays
      Matthew Matthiessen