Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in Fort Bragg

  • Adamson, Roger
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2011
      I found a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in Fort Bragg using a small maple(?) on the southwest corner of McKinley & Alder. It appears to be an adult female--though I am no expert on this species. How common are they in this area?
      Roger Adamson
      Fort Bragg
    • rha632
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2011
        Hi All,
        I have added a photo of the Y-B Sapsucker to a new folder called "Woodpeckers & Sapsuckers". I also put a higher resolution version of that and 3 other photos in a gallery on my SmugMug site. Please check it out and comment. This may be the first YB Sapsucker I have ever seen and I would appreciate any confirmations.
        Roger Adamson
        Fort Bragg

        --- In Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com, "Adamson, Roger" <rhadamson@...> wrote:

        > I found a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in Fort Bragg using a small maple(?) on the southwest corner of McKinley & Alder. It appears to be an adult female--though I am no expert on this species. How common are they in this area?
        > Roger Adamson
        > Fort Bragg

      • rha632
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 11, 2011