Female Oriole at Rose Mem'l Park

  • K A Havlena
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2011
      12 Dec 2011 -- Dorothy Tobkin spotted a female oriole at Rose
      Memorial Park, Fort Bragg, this morning.  She said this female
      oriole was mostly like a BULLOCK'S, but she had a light brown
      head.  Other characteristics pointed to Bullock's, but the head
      looked like field guide drawings of Baltimore.

      Actually, the first thing she said was that the bird looked like a
      possible hybrid.  So, here is it is, December, and an oriole has
      been found, certainly different from the 4 orioles in this same
      park last winter.  So, we must try to visit Rose Memorial Park
      whenever we are birding near Fort Bragg.

      This bird was seen in a Banksia tree, east of the main cluster of
      Banksias.  There is one tree that is taller than the other trees
      in the east part of the cemetery; it was this taller tree.  However,
      please look in the western Banksias and pines, too.  Rose Mem'l
      Park is at N Franklin and Spruce Streets in Fort Bragg.

      For Dorothy Tobkin

      (K Havlena)
      Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca