RE: [Mendobirds] Al has returned!

  • Todd Easterla
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2011
      Well I think Al has changed his diet to softer food in his elder years as I first fed him large anchovies/sardines the day he was found many years ago. I guess he has also changed his preference to what gender feeds him as well.

      ( AL or Alison?) Who knows?

      Todd Easterla

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2011
        If anyone can get a feather, I will get his/her DNA analyzed and we can sex the bird and maybe even tell us which island it was hatched on! I tried to get some surfers to do that last year, but no success.

        Ron

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 29, 2011
          Hi we are staying near Point Arena and would like to see Al on Saturday. What's the best way to approach and view? We've not been to Point Arena before.
          John Lace
          Grass Valley, CA
        • Rick & Jeanne Jackson
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 29, 2011
            Hi John,
            The best place to see Al is at the Point Arena Pier. There is ample parking. Walk out on the pier and look to your north. That is where Al hangs out much of the time. There might be people on the pier so ask them if they’ve seen Al. Everybody loves Point Arena’s most famous visitor. Good luck!
            Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay
            Hi we are staying near Point Arena and would like to see Al on Saturday. What's the best way to approach and view? We've not been to Point Arena before.
            John Lace
            Grass Valley, CA

          • John Lace
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 30, 2011