RE: [Mendobirds] Al has returned!

  • Todd Easterla
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2011
      LONG LIVE AL...the LAYSAN KING!

      I think I will make a special trip up this year to feed him a couple of
      anchovies or sardines as he loves to be fed off the dock.

      Great news!

      Todd Easterla

      Rancho Cordova

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2011
          Well I think Al has changed his diet to softer food in his elder years as I first fed him large anchovies/sardines the day he was found many years ago. I guess he has also changed his preference to what gender feeds him as well.

          ( AL or Alison?) Who knows?

          Todd Easterla

          I was told Al was being fed squid and that he prefers to be fed by a woman. No wonder Al keeps returning!

          Jeanne Jackson

          Al, the Laysan Albatross, has returned to the waters off the Point Arena Pier. Mel Smith just called to let me know. Our favorite bird returned at 1 pm today. I am so happy to be able to share this good news!

          Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay

        • Ron LeValley
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2011
            If anyone can get a feather, I will get his/her DNA analyzed and we can sex the bird and maybe even tell us which island it was hatched on! I tried to get some surfers to do that last year, but no success.

            Ron

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 29, 2011
              Hi we are staying near Point Arena and would like to see Al on Saturday. What's the best way to approach and view? We've not been to Point Arena before.
              John Lace
              Grass Valley, CA
            • Rick & Jeanne Jackson
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 29, 2011
                Hi John,
                The best place to see Al is at the Point Arena Pier. There is ample parking. Walk out on the pier and look to your north. That is where Al hangs out much of the time. There might be people on the pier so ask them if they’ve seen Al. Everybody loves Point Arena’s most famous visitor. Good luck!
                Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay
                Hi we are staying near Point Arena and would like to see Al on Saturday. What's the best way to approach and view? We've not been to Point Arena before.
                John Lace
                Grass Valley, CA

              • John Lace
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 30, 2011