Harrs's Sparrow - Ocean Meadows - not seen

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2011
      2 Dec 2011 - On 1 December, I saw an imm. HARRIS'S SPARROW
      in our front yard, perched atop a rock rose.  I called to Jim, but he
      did not get to see it.  We are having our house remodeled, and 7
      construction workers and their trucks were in the yard.  I put out
      extra seed, but the commotion was just too much for the Harris's.
      This bird had terrible timing!  The crowned sparrows have adapted
      fairly well, however.

      I looked carefully this morning, but I could not find the Harris's.  If
      it does show up, I will post as soon as I can.  My computer has to
      be turned off part of the time, with plastic covering the room.

      Karen Havlena
      Ocean Meadows - Ten Mile Area, MEN, Ca