Big Al Not Back Yet

  • whzerd1
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2011
      I spent 2 hours (8:45 Am - 10:45 AM) on Tuesday on the pier at the cove at Pt. Arena looking for him and he was absent. Did find some other birds: Pelagic and DC Cormorants, Western, Eared and Horned Grebes, one Red-throated Loon, a few Pacific Loons, dozens of Black Oystercatchers and some gulls which I'm not good at identifying unless they are wearing a badge. I'm reasonably certain I saw at least one Mew Gull due to small bill size.

      Also seen were 6 - 8 frozen surfers - they only stayed out about an hour before they came back in.

      Bill Zachman
      Groveland, CA
      Tuolumne County
    • Rick & Jeanne Jackson

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2011
          We looked for Al at the cove for a couple of hours starting at noon yesterday- 11/30/11, no luck.  We're heading back there in a few minutes and will report back if he's arrived.
          Beth and Jeff Petit
          Point Arena