I just posted several photos in a Mendobirds album titled "Clear Lake 11-21-11":
* Photos 1 and 2: Odd dark-backed gull at Lakeport: what we thought was a Vega or Slaty-backed Gull now appears to be an odd WESTERN X GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULL with a very bright iris, slight head streaking and a string of pearls on the primaries. But the big, bulbous bill and yellow-pink orbital ring are more consistent with Western Gull. We were puzzled by it all day!
* Photo 3: Adult LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL at Clearlake.
* Photos 4-5: 3rd-cycle LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL at Lakeport.
* Photo 6: Hybrid ICELAND X CALIFORNIA GULL at Clearlake! Okay, it isn't really a hybrid, but you'll enjoy seeing it. It's a partially amelanistic CALIFORNIA GULL that I first found at Walmart on 30 October.
* Photo 7: Two RED-NECKED GREBES at Clearlake Oaks.
* Photo 8: Female SURF SCOTER between Anderson Marsh and Indian Island (unfortunately overexposed; John Sterling has much better photos).
Hidden Valley Lake, CA