Birds at Ocean Meadows

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2011
      Mon, 14 Nov 2011 -- A MERLIN attacked a group of birds across Hwy 1 this
      afternoon.  Perhaps, it was the same bird I saw on 11/12.  Also this afternoon,
      a "tan-striped" WHITE-THROATED SPARROW came to feed outside the
      kitchen window.  I believe this is a returning bird (adult with yellow lore spot only
      on the right side).  Now, nine  GTR WHITE-FRONTED GEESE are hanging
      around the neighborhood (up from five).  Also, a N MOCKINGBIRD has been
      here for a few days.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca