this weekend

  • kmarianchild
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2002
      No sign of the snow bunting at Laguna point on Wednesday.
      I saw a red-breasted sapsucker here at Round Mountain on Tuesday - is
      that rare for here? I've never seen one before. And I finally saw the
      ruby crown on a ruby-crowned kinglet! Awesome.

      I'd like to do some birding with others this weekend (11/22-23). One
      idea would be for people to come out here to Round Mountain Ranch
      area (off of Parducci Rd. in the hills northwest of Ukiah). The
      birding is pretty good here in my humble opinion. Not just around the
      lake but around my yurt and all the living areas. I could also call
      Chuck Vau and ask for permission to go on Jack Cox's land just north
      of us.

      Or I'd be up for anything else anyone wants to do (except go to the
      coast - I just came from there).

      I don't check emails regularly all day like some people do, so it's
      safest to call me at 463-0839.

      Kate Marianchild