North Coast Birds Seen

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2011
      27 October, 2011 -- At Wages Creek, I saw a CLAY-COLORED SPARROW and a
      "Rocky Mtn" (orestera) ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER** with a gray head.  An
      OSPREY flew south.  At mm 73.00 by Hwy 1, a flock of 80 "Aleutian" CACKLING
      GEESE grazed in a pasture.

      Back at Ocean Meadows, a FERRUGINOUS HAWK flew over the pasture across
      Hwy 1 at mm 70.32.  The 5 imm. GTR WHITE-FRONTED GEESE continue in some
      of the yards, and 12 TRICOLORED BLACKBIRDS were coming to our seed today.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, California

      ** Check pg. 50-51 of Dunn & Garrett's WARBLERS (Peterson guide) for the
      illustrations of the various races of OCWA.