Townsend's Solitaire

  • Kate Marianchild
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 24 8:21 PM
      Sunday, 10-24-11, Steve Grams and I saw a Townsend's Solitaire in a low-elevation oak woodlands habitat at Lake Pennyroyal on Round Mountain Ranch. We were able to watch it for about 10 minutes as it alternately flew and perched on foliage bordering an inlet of the lake.

      Kate

      Kate Marianchild, nature writer
      Currently researching and writing
      Secrets of the Oak Woodlands, a book