Re: [Mendobirds] Aleutian Geese

  • casparbeck@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2011
      Sorry for my error in date in the previous report:

      We saw the large flock of Aleutian Geese yesterday, Wednesday, October 12, 2011, at Glass Beach in Fort Bragg, CA.  This morning at 8 a.m., October 13, 2011 we saw another flock of Aleutian Geese (some 25 birds) at Ten Mile River north of Fort Bragg.   Again, lots of cackle noise.

      Becky Bowen

      Caspar, CA

      from downtown Caspar

      From: Becky < casparbeck@... >
      Subject: [Mendobirds] Aleutian Geese
      To: Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, October 13, 2011, 6:27 AM

      October 13, 2011

      Just after 2 p.m., SOS suveyor David Wolf heard a racket and saw a flock of 150+ southbound Aleutian Geese fly by at an altitude of about 200 m. They were above the bluffs at Glass Beach, Fort Bragg, CA. Will post two photos.

      Becky Bowen

      Caspar, CA