Aleutian Geese

  • Becky
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2011
      October 13, 2011

      Just after 2 p.m., SOS suveyor David Wolf heard a racket and saw a flock of 150+ southbound Aleutian Geese fly by at an altitude of about 200 m. They were above the bluffs at Glass Beach, Fort Bragg, CA. Will post two photos.

      Becky Bowen
      Caspar, CA
    • Lisa Walker (Feather)
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2011
        I saw a smaller flock on Tuesday that contained what appeared to be a single Snow Goose, flying in the same location. My photo is extremely blurry....but I can post it if folks would like.....

      • casparbeck@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2011
          Sorry for my error in date in the previous report:

          We saw the large flock of Aleutian Geese yesterday, Wednesday, October 12, 2011, at Glass Beach in Fort Bragg, CA.  This morning at 8 a.m., October 13, 2011 we saw another flock of Aleutian Geese (some 25 birds) at Ten Mile River north of Fort Bragg.   Again, lots of cackle noise.

          Becky Bowen

          Caspar, CA

          from downtown Caspar