Anchor Bay Northern Wheatear

  • Rich T
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2011
      Anchor Bay

      This morning at 7:45a and again at 9:30a there was a first fall NORTHERN WHEATEAR found on private property north of Anchor Bay.

      The bird was originally found, and tentatively identified, by Pat Kirkpatrick on Sunday afternoon. Yesterday afternoon she sent me an email with her ID but due to the storm we did not attempt to re-find it to confirm the ID. This morning the weather was clear and Pat, Nancy and I arrived at the location at 7:45a and the bird was immediately re-found. I confirmed the ID but the bird flew before photos could be taken. At this point I called Rich Kuehn and after about 90 minutes he re-found the bird and took some great photos (see folder on MENDOBIRDS).

      Good Birding,

      Rich Trissel
      Gualala