Ton of Black Phoebes?

  • carolynkinet
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2011
      Sunday, Oct. 2, 2011

      There seems to be a Black Phoebe irruption at Mendocino Coast Botanic Gardens. On the monthly Beginning Birder walk on Saturday, Oct. 1, we saw and heard Black Phoebes everywhere, from the tops of the dead Redwoods to low-lying coastal bluffs to distant fence posts and all areas in between. My estimate (no official count) was about 12 birds in a 2 + hour walk. The usual count on a bird walk is 3 - 4.

      Carolyn Kinet
      Inglenook, north of Fort Bragg.