Skunk RR Tracks, Fort Bragg - Sunday 10/2/11

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2011
      2 October 2011 -- This morning the weather seemed perfect for a walk
      on the railroad tracks along Pudding Creek.  A male MacGillivray's
      Warbler made his "tic" call about 100 meters east of Rose Memorial
      Park.  Down in the reeds of Pudding Creek, a single Sora called and
      8 Virgina Rails called loudly along the approx. 1.25 miles I walked
      when clapping occasionally.  At the bend where Otis Johnson Park
      comes down to meet the tracks, 2 Western Tanagers, a Wilson's
      and a Townsend's Warbler played tag with the numerous Steller's
      Jays. One of the jays mimicked a Red-shouldered Hawk after a RHHA
      flew over the creek.

      Karen Havlena

      Fort Bragg, MEN, where a woman said to me, "We now have our town
      back."