Willits Northern Saw-whet Owl

  • nexttothelastmanonearth
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2011
      October 1, 2011

      Fellow birders: My daughter and I heard a Northern Saw-whet Owl this morning about 7am on our property south of Willits. It quit after about a minute of calling and I have had no luck seeing or hearing it since. This one addition makes a total of eight species of owls seen or heard on Shafer Ranch Road and seven for our "yard birds".

      Good birding,
      Mike Curry
      Willits