Odd Canada Goose at Littleriver

  • birdmanofthewoods3
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2011
      For the past few days there has been a very friendly adult Canada goose following people around on the beach at Van Damme at Littleriver. It seems to pick out one person who it "bonds" with and then follows them around the beach. At first I thought a person had brought their pet Canada goose with them, but they denied they knew it.

      This bird has obviously been imprinted on humans and I'm thinking someone brought it down to the beach and abandoned it. (Gee, I wonder why?) Actually kind of sad as it searches fruitlessly for its "mate".

      Also seen: Horned grebe at the cove at McKerricker. Not especially noteworthy I know, but the first of year for me and really fresh plummage.

      Rick Harris