Miner Hole Rd. White-faced Ibis

  • Rich T
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2011
      Manchester

      Yesterday morning, the 10th, at about 10a, Rich Kuehn and I observed a flock of 11 WHITE-FACED IBIS in flight while we birded Miner Hole Road. Also, at 7:30a there was a SAY'S PHOEBE flycatching from the roof of my house in Gualala (yard bird #106).

      On Friday at about noon there was a WESTERN KINGBIRD on Highway 1 just north of Crispin Lane in Manchester.

      Not a rare species but an odd sighting of a flock of over 150 BAND-TAILED PIGEONS north of Hunter's Lagoon off Stoneboro Rd. in Manchester was interesting.

      Rich Trissel
      Gualala